- The organisation, led by Mabel Loza and Ángel Carracedo (professors at the University of Santiago de Compostela – USC – and patrons of the Kærtor Foundation), the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Industry, through the Galician Innovation Agency, and the Janssen pharmaceutical company, will invest more than 2 million euros.
- The programme will strengthen entrepreneurship and knowledge transfer in the pharmaceutical sector, in turn generating entrepreneurial activity and economic and social well-being.
- Through public-private collaboration initiatives putting Galicia on the European map in the sector will be secured, making it an open hub of innovation for drug discovery.
- The initiative will allow the creation of 20 jobs for highly-qualified and experienced candidates in relation to the growth economy.
- Selection will take place on international level, and subsequently planned research will be carried out in the project maturity phase.
- The aim is for results to reach market in the form of medication and to attract potential investors from the sector to this region.